• Important not to cool with water during use
• The surface of the tissue must be dry
• Run the turbine at full speed
• The working section of the STT does not become warm as it consists of heat resistant material. The kinetic heat is transferred to the connective tissue immediately and arrests bleeding (haemostasis). The STT should be used at a 90 degree angle to the gingival surface.
• Light pressure should be applied. This instrument can be used for plaque removal by moving across the dental surface
• Speed: 300,000 - 500,000
• Sterilise before and after use