MC3 is a safe replacement for the sponge mouth swab & is available in two colours white and yellow, this provides visual aid to highlight patient hygiene over a 24 hour period. The cone shaped head and soft round filaments soothe the tongue and soft tissues when cleansing the inside of the mouth. The extended handle is easy grip and allows good access to the back of the mouth.
Patient groups who will benefit from MC3 are those in intensive care / critical care, stroke and other neurological patients, head & neck oncology patients, elderly mentally ill patients and those dependent on mouth care.
MC3 is used to help prevent the risk factors associated with Ventilator Associated Pneumonia and other systemic diseases. To ensure good mouth care is achieved, include MC3 in all oral health care plans for vulnerable people.
Mouth Cleanser 3 can be used:
- To moisten the lips, tongue and soft tissues inside the mouth with water, water based gels and mouth rinses.
- To clean a coated tongue.
- To remove retained food and debris from the mouth.
- To remove sticky tenacious secretions, crusty plugs on the palate and stringy saliva following cancer therapy treatment.
- As an aid for oral desensitisation techniques for people with swallow problems, special requirements, and or learning disabilities.
MC3 can be used wet or dry, Day or Night. Remove a Day (White) or Night (Yellow) from the sleeve and rinse in cold water if required. Mouth Cleanser 3 is NOT designed to clean teeth, use a toothbrush and toothpaste.